Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line. A customer service representative will be with you shortly. Your call is important.
— SOURCES —
- US Patent US3246082A: Telephone hold program system – http://bit.ly/2Q3nhzx
- Can Music Move People? The Effects of Musical Complexity and Silence on Waiting Time – Adrian C North, David J Hargreaves – http://bit.ly/2OMCxk7
- The Impact of Music on Consumers’ Reactions to Waiting for Services – Hui et al – http://bit.ly/2OImCTQ
- Music and on-hold waiting time – North, et al – http://bit.ly/2OOd3D5
- The Effects of On-Hold Telephone Music on the Number of Premature Disconnections to a Statewide Protective Services Abuse Hot Line – Liesl-Vivoni Ramos – http://bit.ly/2OOYuij
- The effects of music, wait-length evaluation, and mood on a low-cost wait experience – Cameron, et al – http://bit.ly/2OO7Niu
- Integrating time from experience in the lateral entorhinal cortex – Tsao, et al – https://go.nature.com/2OMWx6e
- Hippocampal “Time Cells” Bridge the Gap in Memory for Discontiguous Events – MacDonald, et al – http://bit.ly/2OO94Gi
- The Time of Music – Jonathan D Kramer – http://bit.ly/2OQIYmp
- The Principles of Psychology – William James – http://bit.ly/2OQKeWF
- Music and Consumer Behaviour – Adrian C. North and David J. Hargreaves, Oxford Handbook of Music Psychology (1 ed.) – http://bit.ly/2OOcw43
- History of Muzak: Where Did All The Elevator Music Go? – http://bit.ly/2OOfOUT
- How the Brain Experiences Time – http://bit.ly/2OMByQX
- CAVEMAN: AN INTERVIEW WITH MICHEL SIFFRE – http://bit.ly/2ONkDxB
— THANKS! —
Thanks to all the show’s Patrons and supporters, without whom it would not be possible! Special thanks to: Thanks to all the show’s Patrons and supporters, without whom it would not be possible! Special thanks to Adam Neely, Andrew Carlos, Andrew Groot, Andrew MacLarty, Anthony Kirkpatrick, Antoine Flamant, Ayla Ounce, Benjamin, Bernhard Werner, Blake Kidd, Camilla Greer, Cassandra Durnford, Chelsea Whyte, Christopher McKitterick, Clarissa Redwine, Dale Jakes, David Booth, Dylan Neal, Elliott, Ethan Hermer, Hans Buetow, Harry Brisson, J Gingold, J.S. Majer, Jack Britton, Jana Deppe, Johnny C, Joseph maslov, Kathy Ahfid, Kaya, Keith Broni, Mahlen Morris, Mischa Stanton, Nick Goertzen, Oscar Acton, Philip Campbell, Rachaul Paul, Richard Hanson, Susan Rugnetta, Talia F E, Tim, and Tod Kurt!
If this is your first episode as a Patron, your name will be included in the next episode after your pledge clears. Drop me a line if you have any questions or problems!
— LINKS —
Support the show at
and follow me at
— CREDITS —
Reasonably Sound’s theme is by Will Stratton. Reasonably Sound’s visual design is by Tida Tep.
This episode’s hold music was provided by:
The Muzak example is “Casa Bossa Nova” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ http://bit.ly/2OO1Ulo
Stephen Bruckert, host of In Which We Reveal…, was your Alex Jones Impersonator
This episode’s cover image is “Telephone Line” by gawen947 on flickr: http://bit.ly/2OO6BvR