Mike is on a brief vacation on Cape Cod. At the beach. Where he considers why the point of the beach isn’t really the beach, but instead the strange draw of waves, water and the ocean.
The ocean as Muzak. As white noise. As a tempering force for the other parts of our lives.
* The return of gladiator games as airport TSA checkpoints
* EDM-heads calmly discussing the concept of entrainment
* The immortal line, “How’s THAT for mystical?”
* Several appropriately apocryphal Herman Melville quotes
* Analysis of which natural features care about you, and which could give a [EXPLETIVE DELETED]